Personalized Actualization Tool (P.A.T)
What is User Interface Design?
Nearly everything we encounter on a daily basis has had some kind of UI design applied to it. By anticipating how someone will use a product, we can create a better user-experience for them. Everything from layouts to responsivity and human error must be taken into account when developing User Interfaces.
What is P.A.T?
“Everything. In one familiar place. Welcome to the Internet for YOU”
P.A.T is a browser-based website that was developed to help enable people achieve their inner potential by aggregating and organizing their online services into one familiar location. This service allows you to store ALL your media, documents, bookmarks, etc. and access that material from any browser or platform.
The philosophy behind this service is that once an individual is able to organize and introduce familiar systems into their life (habituation) then they are better able to focus on their aspirations, and realize their full potential.
Some of P.A.T’s main features include:
- Home Screen; drag and drop media, links and notes to the homescreen to automatically add files to your ‘drive’ (accessible from anywhere)
- Footer Feed; updates notifications from your email, to-do lists, upcoming events and more.
- RSS Feed; an auto-scrolling feed that aggregates all your subscriptions, blogs and social media posts.
- My Collections; combine and store a variety of media in your Collections to stay ontop of projects and goals
- Media Player; automate podcasts and online channels. Store media and watch right in your browser
- Statistics; collect and track data pertaining to your online usage and progress towards your micro/macro goals. A visualization tool.
Why was it made?
The ‘Personalized Actualization Tool’ was created as a 4th year thesis project while studying at York University & Sheridan College (2008-2012). To find out more about the philosophy behind this project I invite you to visit the“P.A.T Thesis Development Blog” .