2011 Courage Bros. Annual Polar Bear Dip
About the Festival
The Courage Brothers Annual Polar Bear Dip is held in Oakville, Ontario every January. Thematically dubbed “Water for Water” I chose to brand this event because of the courage participants who take the icy plunge every year to raise funds for clean water facilities in developing nations.
Festival Branding Elements
All participants received the following items in their festival package:
- The Posters reflect a culmination of three different approaches (abstract/symbolic/representational; see alternate branding below). The posters seen in the image slider are geometric abstractions of polars bears, designed to conveying a “chilly” feeling.
- The Tickets were attached to the inside of small gift boxes containing marshmallows and cocoa-powder. Ideally, the giftbox/ invitations would been given to every sponsor on behalf of a participant, as a token of appreciation as well as to raise awareness about the event. The tickets were printed double sided, and perforated (around the edges of the polar bear/ ticket number) for the events’ raffle.
- The Festival Passes were made to look like Ski-lift passes (laminated and hung from a neck strap) and included a brief schedule of the day’s events for the participants convenience.
- The (Pop-up) Program Guide outlines the festivals’ cause, history, schedule, and more. Each page’s title was custom cut and folded to pop off the page and draw attention to specific areas of interest. Accompanied by original illustrations and maps, the 2011 Brochure was bilingual (english and french) and informative to a variety of age groups. For a full PDF of the brochure please contact me.
- T-shirt and/or Towels with the festival’s branding are included in each Participant Kit as well (not shown here)